Letter of Appointment
Find Job Appointment letter format in word doc & pdf for sample and example. Letter of appointment is issued to all from staff to director, find free template
The highly coveted Letter of Appointment….!! It is the light at the end of the recruitment tunnel. All your preparation, all the tension, all the calls and all the rounds of interviews was done to get this…this little, but oh so important piece of paper. An appointment letter is a document given to a qualified candidate who will soon be employed in an organization where he/she applied.
Before we proceed it is worth mentioning that the term appointment letter can have two different implications. When people speak of appointment letter they more often than not refer to an appointment letter from a company to employee, confirming employment. But an appointment letter may also mean a letter written requesting for an appointment. For example while applying for a visa an individual will write a letter for appointment request to schedule the visa appointment. The visa appointment letter sample below will help clarify the difference.
Now back to the letter of appointment. After all the formalities of the recruitment process have been completed and verified, and the candidate is selected, the company will issue an appointment letter for the job.
The job appointment letter for a new employee puts formally, and in writing all else that was discussed at the time of employment. It clarifies and fills in the blanks, any questions or details the employee may still have about the job and gives him/her a clear idea about the daily work and day to day responsibilities expected of him/her.
How to Write an Appointment Letter?
If you find yourself in the position of having to write an appointment letter for someone here are a couple of things to remember.
Appointment letters are always printed on the letterhead of the company and signed by the Management, HR Manager or the person authorized to hire the candidate.
The appointment letter format should follow a formal business format because it is a legally binding document. The job appointment letter marks the beginning of an employee’s journey and should signify the origin of something new and exciting. The tone of the letter should instill expectations but clearly present the agreed upon terms of employment.
Open on a congratulatory note and end with a warm welcome, but make sure the body of the letter contains the exact details of the offer. Remember to mention essential start information, like job title, start date, start time, office location, rate of pay and the name of the immediate superior. If the company requires background checks for new employees, prior to employment, make sure that this is stated clearly in the letter. It would be a good idea to let your legal team have a quick glance at the letter before you send it to the candidate.
Recommended to Read : Mobile Usage Policy of Company
Lots of Appointment letter format in word are given here as an sample and example available for download in doc and pdf for quick uses & deep understanding :
Letter of Appointment Letter for Manager
Example Sample Template
Sub: Appointment as Sales Manager (DESIGNATION)
Appointment Letter(Sample Copy)
Subject: You Appointment Letter as “Operation Manager” and terms & condition in (Company Name).
We welcome you to(company Name ) and are pleased to confirm your appointment for the position of Operation Manager under the following terms and conditions:
1. Date of Joining:
- You are being appointed as Operation Manager in Data Professional Resource Services Pvt. Ltd. A group company of DSSG with effect from Date_______________
2. Place of Work:
- Your initial posting will be at our Bhikaji cama office. Your place of work may be changed to any other location to address business / client requirement as directed by the Company.
- You may be required to visit to the client site within and / or outside India.
- Your annual fixed CTC will be Rs.__________P.A. (Rupees.__________ he breakup of this compensation will be shared with you separately by HR. In addition, you may be eligible for performance based incentive as per incentive scheme of the company.
- The Incentive Scheme is subject to revisions at the discretion of the Management.
- You will be eligible for Gratuity as per Payment of Gratuity Act. 1972.
- Your compensation will be subject to deductions as application under provisions of Income Tax Act. 1961 and other application laws in India.
4. Probation Period:
- You will be on a probationary period of 6 months from date of joining the period of which may be extended at Company’s discretion Based on your performance and confirmation review, action on confirmation of your employment will be taken as directed by Company policy and will be communicated to you in writing.
5. Work Conduct:
- During your employment with the Company, you shall devote your best efforts for promoting the Company’s (and of any other relevant affiliate and / or business associate of the Company) business.
- You are required to effectively carry out all duties and responsibilities as assigned to you by the Company and shall faithfully and diligently perform these in compliance with established policies and procedures, endeavoring to the best of your ability to protect and promote the interests of the Company.
- You shall not, except with the written permission of the Company, engage directly or indirectly in any other business, occupation or activity, whether as a principal agent or otherwise which will be detrimental whether directly, to the Company’s interests.
- You will be bound by the Code of Conduct and all other rules, regulations, policies and orders issued by the Company from time to time in relation to your conduct, discipline rules, regulation, policies et al, were part of this contract of appointment.
- You will be imparted training on-the-job and periodically when the training programs will be organized. The Company lays high importance when the training its employees and spends considerable resources on it. A full commitment from employee side is expected during the training period.
7. Disclosure of Information:
* You confirm that you have disclosed all your business interests in the Company whether or not they are similar to or in conflict with the business (es) or the activities of the Company, & all circumstances in respect of which there is, or there might be perceived, a conflict of interest between the Company and you or any immediate relatives. Also you agree to immediately disclose, to the Company any such interests or circumstances which may arise during your employment.
* All information regarding the affairs or business matters of the Company (and of any other relevant affiliate and/or business associate of the Company ) – concepts, working methods, client portfolios, strategies – that come to your knowledge by reasons of your employment is deemed to be confidential and considered a trade secret.
* You shall be required to maintain strict confidentiality of such information and data that may come to your possession or knowledge by virtue of the engagement, use it only as may be required in the normal course of your work and shall not disclose or divulge any information or data, without prior consent of an authorized officer of the Company.
* You shall at all times keep the details of your salary and employment benefits at the Company strictly and shall not disclose such details to any other person within the Company.
* You shall use the Company name, Logos trademarks or other identifiers strictly in the manner permitted by the Company’s policies or for the purposes of provision of Services delegated to you to the extent required.
* You shall at all times. Whether during or the termination of your employment act with utmost fidelity and shall not disclose or divulge any such confidential information to third parties or make use of such information for your own benefit of the benefit of any third party, either during the term of your employment or thereafter.
* This clause applies during the employment and continues for 24 months after expiry or termination of employment. Failure to adherence to this clause will invite legal action by the Company.
9. Monitoring Policy:
* Please note that emails sent to you and by you may be monitored from time to time for the purpose of identifying any non-compliance with the Company policies or applicable laws. These emails along with attachments are considered as property of the company.
* If such monitoring discloses breach of any law or Company policies, disciplinary action may follow including termination of the employment.
* During the probation (including any extension), services may be terminated by either party, giving written notice to one week or payment salary in Lieu of thereof.
* Post confirmation, services may be terminated by either party, giving two months’ notice, which comprises a non-negotiable mandatory working period of 1 month, with the remainder of the notice period being negotiable on both sides (to agree the release date & salary payment in lieu of notice if any).
* The Company may terminate / suspend your services at its discretion at any time immediately upon written notice to you if it has been alleged and prima facie established through preliminary internal inquiry that you have committed (i) any heinous criminal act or any offense involving moral turpitude. Examples include rape, forgery, robbery, etc. (ii) sexual harassment or (iii) other act that threatens or likely to damage the Company’s reputation.
* You are required to identify and train your replacement and facilitate a successful handover/knowledge transfer. Failure to comply with the clause would be considered against the Company policy. A prior approval by the Management shall be considered as an exception to this clause through mutual settlement between both the parties.
* The Company reserves the right to terminate your employment on the grounds mentioned in clause 11 below. In such an event, you will be subject to immediate dismissal and the Company will not be liable to give you pay for the notice period. The Company further reserves the right to initiate legal action as it deems fit.
11. Termination of Services:
* If at any time during the course of your employment, it is found that you have made a false or an incomplete declaration with regard to your qualification / experience and other detail, your appointment will be treated void with immediate effect without any payment in lieu of notice period.
* If at any time during the course of your employment, it is found that you have committed any act of gross misconduct or serious breach of employment terms, been guilty of conduct tending to bring yourself or the Company into disrepute, been absent for a continuous period of 10 days without approval/information, indulged in policy violation/fraud/financial irregularities and/or been found to demonstrate unsatisfactory job performance your services will be terminated and you shall not be entitled to any notice period or payment in lieu thereof.
* You will be entitled to Casual/Sick Leaves: National/Festival holidays as stipulated by law/company policy, in a calendar year. The same may be changed from time to time in accordance with changes in law and/or company policy.
* The company shall reimburse all your reasonable expenses incurred in the performance of your duties as specified above upon submission of receipts. The laid down claims procedure must be followed you will be entitled for reimbursement of mobile phone expenses on actual per company policy.
* During your employment or in the event of any termination the Company is entitled to deduct any amount due from you to the Company from actual total compensation including but not limited to:
- Any debt or advance for the time being owed by you to the Company
- Any deduction related to leave or holiday taken in excess of entitlement as at the date of termination of employment: and
- Any deduction with respect to expenses incurred by the Company or the cost of repairing damage to the Company’s property caused by you (and of recovering the same).
- Return of Company Property
- You shall promptly upon request by the Company and in any event upon the expiry or termination of your employment return and surrender to Company laptop and other assigned assets, all such confidential information including without limitation, data , information, files, books, magazines, reports, documents, manuals, any knowledge database in whatever form including but not limited to electronically held data that concerns the business of the Company which may have been prepared by you or come into your possession custody or control in the course of your employment.
- You shall not keep any copies of these items in any form whatsoever.
- Violation of this clause may invite legal action.
16. Non – Competition:
In the event of your separation from Company for whatever reason:
* For a period of 2 year thereafter (except with the written approval of the Company) you will not solicit business in competition with the Company nor pass information to a third party that may result in the same effect from any other organization which is at the data of separation a client or a prospect with which negotiations are underway neither will you in competition offer or supply products or services which compete directly with those products or services offered by the Company.
* You agree that for a period of 1 year after your separation from the Company you will not endeavour to solicit or entice away any person who is an employee of the Company or who was in its employment up to 6 months preceding your severance.
* Under the Sexual Harassment Prevention Act. 2013, sexual harassment is considered as misconduct. The Consequences of such misconduct can be – apart from deduction of wages, termination of employment or transfer to another location.
* Your appointment is contingent upon Medical Fitness Certificate satisfactory reference background checks, including verification of your application materials education and employment history. Your employment is also contingent upon your ability to work for the Company without restriction (i.e. you do not have any non- competes obligation or other restrictive clauses with any previous employer).
* You will be governed by the Company’s policies during the course of your employment. It will be obligatory on your part to ensure compliance to the applicable statuses, regulations and requirements laid down by the Company and other regulatory and statutory bodies. Violation of the terms and conditions mentioned herein would attract disciplinary and/or legal action, including immediate termination.
* The Company reserves the right to amend the policies from time to time. You are advised to keep yourself updated on these policies and abide by the same.
We take this opportunity to congratulate you on your selection and look forward to a long and mutually beneficial professional association. You’re are joining us at an exciting phase of your journey or building a world class firm and we are counting on you to help us get there.
Kindly return a copy of this letter duly signed by you in acceptance of the terms and conditions set out herein.
I hereby accept and agree to the terms and conditions of this employment contract and any amendments, additions hereto. I also promise to adhere and abide by the policies and regulations of the Company as mentioned and amended from time to time.
We have pleasure in appointing you as PRODUCT SUPPORT EXECUTIVE of Digital Publishing Department, Delhi Office in our organization, effective 1st Oct” 2015 on the following terms and conditions:
1. Placement & Compensation
You will be placed in the appropriate band / responsibility level of the Company, and will be entitled to compensation (salary and other applicable benefits) as detailed in Annexure *A* Compensation will be governed by the rules of the Company on the subject, as application and/or amended hereafter.
2. Salary revision
Your salary will be reviewed on 1st July 2016 and onwards or at such other time as the Management may decide. Salary revisions are discretionary and will be subject to and on the basis of effective performance and results. The entire appraisal of the salary would be considered as hike minimum of 5% in the basic salary. Apart from appraisal promotion will be done on three years of working cycle. Appraisal and promotion are also the management discretion. Also, the bonus will be facilitated on July 1st as on the basic pay.
3. Posting & Transfer
Your initial positing will be at “DEHRADUN – UTTARAKHAND” However, your services are liable to be transferred at the sole discretion of Management, in such other capacity as the company may determine to any department / section, location, associate, sister concern or subsidiary, at any place in India whether existing today or which may come up in future. In such a case, you will be governed by the terms and conditions of the service application at the present placement location.
4. Absence / Leave Rule
Absence for a continuous period of ten days without prior approval of your superior, (including overstay on leave / training would result in your losing your lien on the service and the same shall automatically come to an end without any notice or intimation.
Leave: You will be eligible to the benefits of the Company’s Leave Rules on your confirmation in the Company’s Service as detailed in Annexure *A* During the period of your employment with the Company’s you will devote full time to the work of the Company. Further, you will not take up any other employment or assignment or any office honorary or for any consideration in cash or in kind or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Company.
5. Probation / Confirmation:
You will be on a Probation period for the Six month Based on your performance your services will be confirmed with the company in written after six months. During the probation period your services can be terminated with seven days notice on either side and without any reasons whatsoever. If your services are found satisfactory during the probation period, you will be confirmed in the present position and thereafter your services can be terminated on one month’s notice on either side. The period of probation can be extended at the discretion of the Management and you will continue to be on probation till an order of confirmation has been issued in writing once confirmed you position as a full time employment with the Company and you shall devote yourself exclusively to the business and interests of the company. You will not take up any other work for remuneration (part time or otherwise) or work in an advisory capacity or be interested directly or indirectly (except as shareholder / debenture holder), in any other trade or business during your employment with the company. Without permission in writing of the Board of Directors of the Company. You will also not seek membership of any local or public bodies without first obtaining specific permission from the Management.
You will not (except in the normal course of the Company’s business) publish any article or statement delivers any lecture or broadcast or makes any communication to the press including magazine publication relating to the Company’s products or to any matter with which the Company may be concerned unless you have previously applied to and obtained the written permission from the Company’s. Any of our technical or other important information which might come into your possession during the continuance of your service with us shall not be disclosed, divulged or made public by you even thereafter. You will not at any time, during the employment or after without the consent of the Board of Directors disclose or make public except on legal obligations, any information regarding the Company’s affairs or administration or research carried out, whether the same is confided to you or becomes known to you in the course of your service or otherwise.
7. Intellectual Property
If you conceive any new or advanced method of improving designs / processes / formulae / systems, etc in relation to the business / operations of the Company, such developments will be fully communicated to the company and will be and remain the sole right/propend of the Company. You will be required to maintain utmost secrecy in respect of Project documents commercial offer design documents Project cost & Estimation. Technology. Software packages license, Company’s policy, Company’s patterns & Trade Mark and Company’s Human assets profile. Also the usage of personal USB Drives and CD ROMs are strictly prohibited within the organization. In any case. If you want any kind of data, inform the immediate superior authority and he/she will provide the same.
8. Responsibilities & Duties
You work in the organization will be subject to the rules and regulations of the organization as laid down in relation to conduct and other matters. You will always be alive to responsibilities and duties attached to your office and conduct yourself accordingly. You must effectively perform to ensure results
9. Past Records
If any declaration given or information furnished by you, to the company proves to be false, or if you are found to have willfully suppressed any material information, in such cases you will be liable to removal from services without any notice.
The retirement age is 60 years. You will retire from the employment of the Company at the end of the month in which you attain 60 years of age.
11. Termination of employment
During the probationary period and any extension thereof, your services may be terminated on either side by giving one week’s notice or salary in lieu thereof. However on confirmation the services can be terminated from either side by giving one-month (30 Days) notice or salary in lieu thereof. Upon termination of employment you will immediately hand over to the Company all correspondence specifications, formulae, books, documents market data cost data drawings effects or records belonging to the Company or relating to its business and shall not retain or make copies of these items. Upon termination of employment you will also return all company property which may be in your possession.
12. Medical Fitness
This is subject to your being and remaining medically fit while working in the organization.
13. If at any time in our opinion which is final in this matter you are found non-performer or guilty of fraud, dishonest disobedience, disorderly behavior, negligence, indiscipline absence from duty without permission or any other conduct considered by us deterrent to our interest or of violation of one or more terms of this letter, your services may be terminated without notice and on account of reason of any of the acts or omission the company shall be entitled to recover the damages from you.
14. You will not accept any present commission or any sort of gratification in cash or kind from any person party or firm or Company having dealing with the company and if you are offered any you should immediately report the same to the Management.
15. You will be responsible for safekeeping and return in good condition and order of all Company property which may be your use custody or charge.
16. All legal matters are subject to Delhi Jurisdiction.
Please confirm your acceptance of the appointment on the above terms and conditions by signing and returning this letter for our records.
For Company Name: _____________________________
I have read the terms and conditions of this appointment and confirm my acceptance of the same.
(Signature and Date)
Different Employee engagement process implemented in the companies Employee engagement process includes the job distr... Read More
How to identify and apply performance management to get the best output from it? Performance management is one of the... Read More
Benefits of Performance Management Sysytem An effective and good performance management system always works towards... Read More
Balance scorecard is necessary for achieving Goals of performance management Balance scorecard is very important and ... Read More
How Balance Scorecard is beneficial for the strategic improvement of the Company Balance Scorecard this name has n... Read More
How the job analysis can best benefit to the company Job Analysis helps to have a better employee and job fitment for... Read More