HR Onboarding Process best practices, checklist and templates
HR Onboarding process best practices, checklist and templates is the prime part of the HR Process which involves employee recruitment process. This is the gateway of the new employee to the company here they get introduced to the company, its policies, skills and behaviors. This process includes the complete recruitment and joining process. This process includes introduction of employee with other employees and company’s hierarchy.
The New hire job onboarding employee is welcomed with the joining kit and a complete overview regarding the company, its organizational culture and its business is given to the new joinee. Here in this section you can find some samples, templates which will help you organize the on boarding process.
- Send the offer or welcome letter.
- Notify unit personnel /payroll/benefits representative of hire.
- Prepare the agenda for the first week.
- Notify departmentally to IT, HR admin about new hire employee
- Make lunch plans for employees the first day.
- Identify employees with similar types of responsibilities to functions as new employees coach /mentor for work-related process and procedures.
- Make an appointment with the HR contact for the employee to complete new hire paperwork
- Install appropriate hardware/software
- Ensure to provide temp ID card, employee code
Job Onboarding for new employee first day
- Send the welcome onboard message or email to new employees
- Introduce employee with the co-workers.
- Schedule attendance at an orientation programme
- Order business card
- Introduce employee to work area, including
- phone usage
- Hr policies
- code of conduct
- coffee rooms
- photocopy machines
- Fax machines
- break rooms
- Vending Machines
- medical supplies
- emergency supplies
- mail service
- Probationary period
- hours of work
- work rules
- attendance policy
- phone policy
- personal phone usage policy
- personal computer usage policy
- performance appraisal policy
- Merit/salary increase timeline
- Introduce employee to the job
- review job description
- Discuss the supervisor's style and expectations.
- Review performance goals and expectations.
- identify the "Players" connected to the position. make the appointment with " Key players."
- identify the "customers" served by this position; define customer service.
- Discuss employee safety
- Review standard meeting the employees needs to attend.
- identify what training and development activities will be needed in the next six months. Sign up for the appropriate classes.
- Meet weekly to complete orientation to work-related task and to ask/answer questions.
- Set performance expectations and discuss how and when the employee will be evaluated.Provide feedback on a weekly basis
- The meeting department head and executive team.
- Prepare format six-month employee evaluation
- Celebrate the completion of the probationary period
Different Employee engagement process implemented in the companies Employee engagement process includes the job distr... Read More
How to identify and apply performance management to get the best output from it? Performance management is one of the... Read More
Why Employee Referral is Preferred in the Organisation? Employee referral programme is one ... Read More
Kaplan and Norton 4 four perspectives of the balanced scorecard, Its Purpose & Benefits Balanced scorecard (BSC... Read More