Employee conduct and discipline in Organisation
Employee conduct and discipline is extremely necessary for the organization as that binds the employee in proper rules and regulations.
Employee conduct and rule involves certain terms, conditions, rules and regulations which helps to keep the decorum of the organization.
This rules and regulations varies from organization to organization. Any discrepancies arise due to any mis-conduct is evaluated as per rules and regulations by senior authority and proper steps accordingly.
1. Employee Conduct and Work Rule
In any social system, irrespective of its nature, it is important to determine a set of rules that will regulate the conduct of its members and should be observed in order to function successfully.
Similarly, it is important in the workplace to determine a set of rules to regulate the relationship between the employees and the employer in the form of a disciplinary procedure. The disciplinary procedure is regarded as a guideline and its interpretation is adequately flexible in order to adjust to various circumstances.
Organization follows its own Disciplinary rules and code of Conduct and no one is allowed to abuse the system while they are on duty.
If any employee is found violating the system then he/she shall be liable for disciplinary action.
- Office time of the Organization starts from __:__ am to __:__ pm with one hour lunch break. Weekly off is on Sunday. Management expects the Employees to maintain punctuality. Absence without information will be considered as a serious offence as it affects the activities of the organization.
- Any employee reports the office after __:__ am continuously for no. of days would be countable as a casual leave.
- Every employee must follow the organization’s movement where the employee should punch their login time and logout time through their punch card while they move in and out of the office premises during working hours.
- Further, an employee coming late to work or found absent from his work station/ place of work during working hours, without any sufficient reason or without getting any prior authorization from his/her supervisor, then the competent authority may, at its discretion, also take suitable disciplinary action against the employee concerned.
- Every employee of Organization Name is provided with an employee ID card. It is mandatory for the employees to maintain the ID card while they are on duty.
- Management will take strict actions against those employees who are engaged in playing computer games, playing music, chatting, singing etc or any other unproductive activities during office hours.
- Employees can receive their personal calls but it should not disturb the others who are present in the Organization. Employees are not allowed to waste productive time on personal phone calls for longer duration.
- Employees should keep their cell/ mobile phones on Vibration mode while they are on duty.
- Friends/ relatives are allowed to visit the office but it should not disturb other employees, and their visit should be brief.
- No employee will use Organization’s telephone and fax facilities for private purposes except with prior permission from his/her supervisors/ Reporting authority/ management. In case of emergency, such use is permitted.
- Management will not tolerate if any employee found consuming Pan Masala, Gutka and Smoking Cigarettes or Spitting in the office premises or indulging in any such activities.
- Negligence working nature of employee will not be tolerable by the management.
- Every employee is required to make the entry if they are taking any official belongings to their respective homes (i.e., books/magazine/ laptop/pen drive etc.) and in case of any damage/ loss, then that particular employee is liable towards it.
- No employee shall share information about Organization Name with any person whosoever except in the interest of Organization Name’s work or with written permission of the Director.
- Organizational conflicts should be raised and resolved within the organizational procedures.The issues of conflict should not be discussed with other Organization/News/Media without prior approval of Director.
The following are examples of infractions of rules of conduct that may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The accompanying are cases of infractions of tenets of direct that may result in disciplinary activity, up to and including end of work.
- Theft or inappropriate removal or possession of property.
- Falsification of timekeeping records.
- Working under influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Fighting or threatening violence in the workplace.
- Boisterous or disruptive activity in the workplace.
- Insubordination or other disrespectful conduct.
- Violation of safety or health rules.
- Sexual or any other mode of harassment.
- Possession of dangerous or unauthorized materials.
- Excessive absenteeism or any absence without notice.
- Unauthorized disclosure of business “secrets” or other confidential information.
- Violation of personal policies.
- Unsatisfactory performance or conduct.
2. Disciplinary code and procedure:
It is to regulate discipline in the workplace with key principle that the employer and the employees should treat each other with mutual respect.
In the first instance the purpose of disciplinary action is to bring change in the behavior in positive manner rather than to terminate services.
Before a problem becomes a disciplinary issue, the head of the team concern should guide inform or remind the employees informally on the applicable rule or performance situation. Such directing isn't saw to shape some portion of formal disciplinary activity yet is fairly a piece of everyday correspondence inside the association. Formal procedures do not have to be invoked every time a rule is broken or standard is not met. Informal advice and correction is accepted as the best and most effective way to deal with minor violations of work discipline.
Dismissal would be reserved for cases of serious misconduct or repeated offences. The seriousness of the offence will determine the action to be taken and not necessarily, the number of occasions the misconduct was committed. The procedure is as follows:
- If any employee is found creating problems in the work place an immediate disciplinary action will be taken against him/her. The Director deputes a committee of two or three members of the organization or even he may depute any one from external source or any other partner organization in the committee.
- The committee members will do a detailed investigation on the matter and will prepare a report on the issue taken and submit the same to the Director.
- The Director makes the required decision on the findings of the investigations done.
- During this period of enquiry the accused employee will remain under suspension.
- The above stated procedure is flexible depending upon the situation.
3. Problem Resolution
Organization is committed to providing the best possible working conditions to its employees and associated members.
Organization strive to ensure fair and honest treatment of all employees. Head of the department, Managers, employees and other associated members are expected to treat each other with mutual respect. Employees are encouraged to offer positive and constructive criticism.
All problem can be resolved to everyone’s total satisfaction but only through mutual understanding and discussion with employees and management . This confidence is important for operation of an efficient and harmonious work environment, and helps to ensuring everyone’s job security.
Organization is committed to respect the right of workers to associate in a peaceful manner. Organization also authorize its workers to join any workers association, trade union or establishing any workers committee for representing before the management the amicable solution of their problems and promoting better relations between workers and the management or away the frictions that may arise between the workers and management in day to day work.
4. Suggestion Program
As employee and associated members of Organization, have the opportunity to contribute to our future success and growth by submitting suggestions for practical work, improvement or cost savings ideas.
Submit suggestions in suggestion boxes at the HR Department. After review, they will be forwarded to the Management. All suggestions should contain a description of the problem or condition to be improved, a detailed explanation of the solution or improvement, and the reason why it should be implemented. As soon as possible, you will be notified of the adoption or rejection of your suggestion.
Special recognition may be given to the employees who submit a suggestion that is implemented
Applicant Tracking System- a big No to Recruitment Stress Gone are days when the recruiter in an organization used t... Read More
Maternity Benefit act – A Bliss or a Bleed A Brief case study: Prerna has been working in a multinational compa... Read More
How to identify and apply performance management to get the best output from it? Performance management is one of the... Read More