What is Training? Its features and Benefits to the Employees and Organizations
well prepared and trained staff can be to some degree powerful without all-around arranged vital plans or association culture however without vital learning and aptitudes everything may crumple. The major outcome of training is learning.
Training may be stated as an “Arranged program intended to enhance execution and realize quantifiable changes in learning, abilities, states of mind and social conduct of workers. Training may be careered out through various approaches like on-the-job, classroom sessions, on-site/off-site, online, and case studies.
Features of training
1. Training is a motivational tool
2.Training is primarily job-related and need-based in order to improve the performance of the employee
3.An organized preparation and advancement program guarantees that representatives have a predictable ordeal and foundation information
4. It Enables the representatives to manage the changing employments and parts
5. Develop knowledge, skill, and attitude for handling jobs most efficiently
Training vs. Development
Training is a tool that supports improvising the specific skills relating to the job whereas Development aims at improving the total personality of an individual. Training once imparted can develop the specific skill and therefore its repetition may be required, for up-gradation. In the case of development, there is no ceiling and may be required repeatedly as it is an ongoing continuous process. The training seeks to meet the current requirement of the jobs of the individual, whereas development aims at meeting the future needs of the job and the individual. Development however is more of a proactive process
Training in an organization settings
Training is mainly job-related; it aims at maintaining and improving current job performance. In fact, it is considered the only tool of the human resources department through which the learning and change can bring in an organization.
a) Benefits to the organization
1. Training develops necessary skills with consequent productivity improvement which means optimum use of equipment, time, and raw materials
2. Create a database of readily available and exact according to replacements for personnel who may leave or move up in the organization
3. Training empowers the employee with knowledge and skills enhancement which helps in his career progression.
4. Overall climate and culture of the organization improves
5. Ensure adequate human resources for expansion into new programs
6. Training employees can deliver products and services of a higher quality and enhance organizational productivity
7. Fabricate a more proficient, compelling, and exceptionally energetic group, which upgrades the organization focused position and enhances representative resolve
8. Employee turnover is reduced thereby reducing the cost to the company
9. Enhance the company’s ability to adapt and use advances in technology because of sufficiently knowledgeable staff.
10. Benchmark the status of change so far in an execution change exertion.
b) Benefits to employees/ Department
1. Workers are helped to focus, and priority is placed on empowering employees
2. Productivity is increased, positively affecting the bottom and middle line.
3. Employee morale and the job satisfaction improves
4. Employee confidence is constructed, keeping and creating key entertainers, empowering group improvement, and adding to better group/association spirit.
5. Productivity and Proficiency of employee/ Department improves as the HR department can develop appropriate career charts for each employee
6. Employees are kept current on new job-related information, thereby contributing significantly to better customer service.
7. The trained employee stands to gain tremendously as his/her profile and market value improves. Corresponding gains occur to the organization.
8. Processes increase in efficiency, resulting in financial gain.
9. Employees are updated on new and enhanced skills, with a view to aligning them to business goals and objectives.
10.Organizations with business issues are given a crisp or impartial expert supposition or investigation, assessment, or study.
11. After a downsizing, remaining workers are given the technical and management skills to handle increased workloads.
12. Job satisfaction, employee motivation, and morale are increased, reducing employee turnover.
Training is a major chance to grow the information base everything being equal, however numerous businesses discover the development opportunities costly. preparing and advancing give both the organization in general and the individual representatives with benefits that make the cost and time beneficial speculation. But the effectiveness of the training and development process will depend on the accuracy of the followings :
1. Training needs identification.
2. Training needs assessment.
3. Training needs justification.
4. Budgeting and controlling the cost.
5. Selection of learning process and training methodology.
6. Planning, designing, and conducting the process.
7. Evaluation of the program, the trainee, and the feedback records.