What is Job Rotation and how it is beneficial in employee engagement
Job Rotation is an all around arranged administration rehearse where representatives are moved between at least two occupations at consistent interims with the goal that workers must get legitimate uncover towards different verticals. Job Rotation is properly used to test employee skills and their competencies, so that they can get the right place and designation. Along with promoting various skills of the employees, it also provides a break from daily monotonous job life in corporates. Job Rotation helps to discover the hidden talent of employees. This also helps to determine. Not only this, job Rotation also provides opportunity to explore every employee’s personal interest and helps to gain experience in various fields.
Job Rotation is considered as an effective tool in HR strategy. Job rotation aims at setting the employees at their best fit. This process also help to find the best fit for the replacement of a worthy employee within the organization. Job Rotation helps to get the maximum result. Finding the best fit candidate for the vacant position really becomes tough job for HR department, Job rotation helps to find the best fit employee for the position without any delay. This process helps to find the best fit candidate easier and thus the process of shifting the job role to the suitable candidate within the organization gets easier. Job Rotation if it is properly planned then it helps to strengthen the organization against uncertain outer environment. So it is very necessary for HR department to execute the Job rotation in proper way.
Now let’s see the Benefits of Job Rotation in an Organization:
- Job Rotation is one of the best way to release the boredom caused due to boring and monotonous work schedule and helps to revive the willingness and excitement of the employees and zeal of employees to perform something better.
- Job Rotation helps to increase the satisfaction level and thus decreases the attrition rate. It reduces the boredom among the employees which is caused due to regular, boring job. This process of job rotation helps to decrease the attrition rate in the organization as it helps to develop the belongingness towards the organization.
- Job Rotation helps to align the job competencies and thus HR department can store the resources and direct them wherever it is required. It helps to access the skills, competencies, manpower and caliber wherever it is required.
- Job Rotation helps to deal with new challenges, which further helps employees to experience new jobs, and deliver their best for the new tasks which they are assigned to. The process of job rotation helps to perform better, it helps to improve the competitive attitude and gets opportunity to prove to prove themselves.
- Job Rotation helps to every individual to explore their own interest in different fields. It also helps to get the self-realization for employees what is their interest area, when they get exposure for different areas. Employees get to know their hidden interest point.
- Job Rotation helps to identify knowledge, attitude and skills for individuals. This process help to analyze the training and development needs for employees. The whole process helps to give the managers opportunities to get realize the needs of development for better output.
- Job Rotation helps managers to dig out the hidden talent. The whole process of job rotation allows to apply variety of assignments so that they can explore with various working style. Managers can identify, at which field employees can give best output and they have interest.
The whole process allows employees to gain knowledge about the various work process of different departments.