Confirmation letter, Types and Uses with Sample Letter Template in doc & pdf
Confirmation Letter or email is considered a formal and a legal document which authenticate that the deal is done or the agreement which was discussed or communicated earlier is agreed by both the parties. The letter of confirmation is final and written consent or goes ahead for all the terms and conditions related to the agreement or contract. Now a days, In any business or in the corporate world, all the communication are done via email and for any small or big decisions, various level of business executive or the stake holder are kept in cc by their executives or the manager and most of the business decision, contract and agreement clauses are amended by exchanging emails and final email confirmation is sent which finally comes in the shape of final Printed contract or agreement and kept in record as an Legal document.
The uses and the Content of the confirmation letter should be different and it should be as per the need and at various conditions and occasions listed below like for:
Generally, these above mentioned reasons and situation are required or demand to write confirmation letter.
Objective of the confirmation letter
The objective of confirmation letter or email is to ensure that two parties those are involved in a particular dealing are agreed and acknowledge the content of the engagement and all if and buts or confusion related to anything such as date, place, time, clauses, commitment, and other terms and conditions are over.
Confirmation letter means consent or agreement is a legal and one of the most important documents required to be kept in record. In case of any conflict or dispute arises, this document can be used as an legal evidence because it may can prove that who is at fault.
How to Write a Confirmation Letter?
This is a very common letter and while writing this kind of letter one should keep in mind the followings
- Company’s Letterhead should be used in case of the official confirmation. By using a letterhead this letter can be used further as a formal and official document of the company.
- To make this letter more impactful title of the letter should be properly highlighted in the subject and also just above the salutation one should include complete name and address of the recipient.
- At the time of writing letter of confirmation for your personal matter then you should use a Good quality Plain paper and follow the subject as to what is the purpose of giving confirmation. There are many various reasons, an individual professional write such as but important to follow the guidelines business letter writing.
- Get the Right salutation in place at the starting point of the letter as per your letter like if it is formal letter or it is business letter and accordingly use the right salutation.
- You can begin your letter with “this is to confirm” or “I would like to confirm” followed with the reason or objective for which the confirmation is required. Generally, we write for meeting, job, employment, salary, payment, address, terms and conditions related to the contract or agreement confirmation are included in the objective of this kind of letter.
- In case of dis-agreement of few of the clauses you can highlight that very particularly and request the recipient to take a particular responsibility and ask for the written confirmation in return to avoid future complications or misunderstandings.
- At last, in order to finish this letter you can use terms like “yours Sincerely”, “thanking you”, “Warm Regards” etc. followed with adding your Name, designation and your signature.
Proofreading is very important before Confirming!
Once you are finished writing this kind of letter whether is a formal or a personal letter proofreading is compulsory. Ensure that the word, spelling, grammar used in the sentence are correct and meaningful.
Also see that the subject such as “confirmation” is used properly. The content of the letter should be related to the subject and covering all the important points and objectives.
Find various types of confirmation letter and Email sample template in doc and pdf format for your quick uses and example :