An authorization letter gives a person the right to act on someone else behalf in various situations. They are mainly used when a person is not available for a specific task and gives his authority to another person to perform his/her task.
This letter can be used to provide personal information, such as name, position, medical history. It can be written for various conditions like
- Transfer of authority
- For checking bank records
- For collecting documents
- Requesting a leave
Bank authorization letter allows someone else to handle all the bank accounts and transactions related to bank it can be a worker or an employee working under any senior official.
Authorization letter to collect documents can be written to give power to a person to collect various kinds of things or objects from different places where an authorizer cannot visit then he provides an authority letter to ease the work load.
Pre authorization letter is mainly used for insurance purposes or medical purposes so to show insurance company that there are various other people who can work on their behalf if anything happens to the insured person. In this various proves should also be provided.
There are various people indulged in this letter:
First person is the most important person who has the right and has the power to authorize someone on his behalf it can be a parent of a child, owner of a bank account or an employee working in a company. He/she is also known as Authorizer.
The second person is the one to whom the responsibility or the authority is given by the authorizer to perform a particular task on their behalf it can be a worker working under a manager, or a child authorized under a parent.
The third person refers to who act as a second person when second person is not available for authority like if a parent gives an authority to a child but child is not present at that time, so in that case parent gives authority to the teacher.
Authorization letter format :
- In this letter your name should be on the first line your address on the second line, and your city, state on next line, date on which the letter is written should also be included.
- After writing the information of the receiver next you should write all the information including name, address, zip code of the authorizer.
- Then the letter should include the authorization that is given to the person to perform task on his behalf including dates of authorization
- And at the end signature of the authorizer should be given.
Check out various Example, Sample and format of writing Authorization Letter :